To see the video of tips Click Here!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Vanilla Rice milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tblsp Ground Flaxseed mixed with 6 Tblsp water to equal 2 eggs
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- wooden skewers
- deep skillet filled with 2-3 inches of olive oil
- maple syrup, powdered sugar, butter (optional)
Place the flour, rice milk, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground flaxseed/water mixture in a large bowl and whisk until no lumps remain.
Wash the strawberries. Pat each one dry with a paper towel before dipping in waffle batter so batter will cling better.
Put the skillet of olive oil on med-high heat. Dip the strawberries in the batter, (you’ll see in the video exactly how I do this) coating completely. Place the skewers into the oil (on the video I explain leaving the leaves on and not, and show flash frying in oil) and flash fry for about 30 secs while turning the strawberry using the skewer to turn, to get all sides evenly. Place on paper towels.
Just before serving, brush with a light coating of melted butter (optional) and drizzle with maple syrup (optional). Serve warm.