- 1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes (see modifications below)
- Whole wheat pasta of your choice
- Fresh Torn Basil
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Salt to taste (optional)
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Careful and make sure it is med-low to not burn the garlic. Add the garlic and red pepper. Saute, stirring until garlic turns golden.
2) Add the whole tomatoes to the garlic, hot pepper and oil mixture. Cut them into quarters in the pan, or as small as you’d like.
3) Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes. Serve over the pasta of your choice.
Makes enough sauce for approximately 4-5 servings. Can be easily doubled or tripled.