- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai vegan fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chile paste with garlic
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can whole straw mushrooms, these replace your flank steak 😉
- 8 ounces whole baby bellas, halved. These replace your Flank steak too 😉
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 4 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 6 cups spring mix salad
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; set half of lime mixture aside. Combine other half of lime mixture and baby bellas in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes, turning once. Remove bellas from bag; discard marinade.
- Place bellas on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 4 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes. Place onion mixture, lettuce, cucumber, straw mushrooms and mint in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates. Top each serving with bellas; drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon reserved lime mixture.
Note:The salad gets its heat from 2 tablespoons of chile paste. If you prefer milder food, use half.