- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion julienned
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 15 ozs diced tomatoes
- 15 ozs coconut milk
- 2 tbsps ground coriander
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 15 ozs garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2 tbsps garam masala
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes, then stir in garlic and cumin. Continue to cook until onion begins to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut and the coriander, salt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom. Stir until mixture begins to boil, then put in the potatoes, cauliflower, and garbanzo beans. Blend well. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to an hour (this will depend on the size of the potato chunks). Sprinkle in the garam masala, stir, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Welcome to PBDA! Any suggestions of things you'd like to see etc are Welcomed!
Recent Recipe Creations!
- Diabetes-The Persistence of Habit Con't wp.me/p25iH0-Gw 4 years ago
- Veggies & Chickpeas over Quinoa with a Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Rice Wine Vinegar Sauce wp.me/p25iH0-GH 4 years ago
- THE PERSISTENCE OF HABIT wp.me/p25iH0-Gs 4 years ago
Top Posts & Pages
Super-Sweet Blog Award
Blog of The Year 2012
September 2017 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30